Welcome to Olds College Learning Commons and Library, your guide to answers.
To find out more about the department look for answers or just chat, stop by the front desk in the Learning Resource Centre and say "Hello"! If we don't know the answers, we can find the person who does.
Some of the items we can help you with are:
- Password Resets
- Basic troubleshooting
- Library Services
- User Accounts
Check out the information below to help get you started.
How To Login To Olds College Gmail
Gmail is the official email of Olds College and every staff member and student has an Olds College email account. Gmail is available from wherever you are and from any device.
Staff/faculty email addresses are in this format: first initial + last name + @oldscollege.ca (email@example.com)
Student email addresses are in this format: first name + . + last name + @oldscollege.ca (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student initial password is set as PWmmddyy where mmddyy is your birthdate (i.e. if you were born on February 14, 1988 then your password would be PW021488).
Staff are given their initial password by their supervisor.
Note: To log in to your Gmail account for the first time, you need to have changed your password. To do this log in to a college computer or follow the instructions on how to "Change Network/Email Password - if you know current Password (mypassword.oldscollege.ca)"
How to Access Gmail
- Open your Internet browser
- Go to the Olds College home page and click on the "Mail" link (envelope) or access through your browser at www.gmail.com
- Type your username - your Olds College email address.
- Type your password - the same as the password you use for the Olds College network (computer login)
- Click "Sign In"
How to Install a Printer at Olds campus
Open Internet Explorer (it will not work with any other browser) and go to this address:
- Click on the Windows Start button
- Scroll to the top of the All Programs list and click on Connect to Printers (Olds College)
A page with a printer list will appear. Browse the list until you find the printer you need.
- Each Building is represented by 2 or 3 letters (ELC for E-Learning Center, CF for Campus Facility)
- Following the building is generally the place in the building where the printer is.
- The location column will let you know the Room number (when applicable) to find the printer.
Click on the printer you wish to install and another page will appear. On that page you have to click on connect, as shown below. Click yes to the pop-up that will follow. Wait until the progress bar is done. The printer will be installed and ready to use.
Once installed, the printer will not be automatically the default printer. If you need it to be the default printer, click on the link that will appear once the installation is completed. Find your printer in the list (installed on OLPSRV3), right click it and set it as default.
How to Install a Printer on Calgary Campus
Click on the Windows Start Button
Click Devices and Printers
Click Add Printer
Click Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer
Click The printer that I want isn't listed
Click Select a shared printer by name
and type \\calpsrv1\
and select the printer from the list
and Windows Printer Installation connects to printer
Another Window Opens - "You've successfully added...." click next, and finish. It automatically sets as the default printer.